President Nalpeiron – Author, Angel, CEO, 35 years in Tech. 20+ years as Prof, Mentor, and Startup Coach: CU Boulder, Stanford, UC Berkeley & London Business School (EIR).
More about my background
Jon has extensive leadership experience in the information technology, communications, and social web with 30 years in the IT business. For the last 15 years, he has been a Start-up founder and CEO. Jon works in and with Startups as an adviser and investor.
He is a “product” guy – passionate about making fantastic products – both Software and Hardware – with all that goes into finding, motivating, and managing teams of amazing engineers and creative people to bring to market incredible user experiences and things that enrich customer’s daily lives.
Working across many sectors (B2C, B2B & Enterprise for Software, Services, and Hardware) he has a deep understanding of every Ecosystem, having built both Consumer, Enterprise, and SaaS Software businesses.
Expert in product and go-to-market strategy, competitive scenario planning, deep technology innovation, market opportunity, business model analysis, and detailed financial modeling to maximize the potential of ventures and product line growth. Plus designing, prototyping, and manufacturing Hardware for B2C and B2B audiences.
Jon has experience in building and running a business fulfilling the roles of CEO, CMO, VP Sales, CFO, COO, and Chief Product Guy.
Jon also has a number of issued US Patents.
- P&L management and business strategy
- Leading business/product from cradle to grave
- Recruiting, retaining and developing talent
- Fundraising and M&A
- Lean methodologies
- Author of “So you want to be an Entrepreneur” (Wiley) and lecturer on the associated Entrepreneurship courses at Stanford and UC Berkeley.
- Twenty years+ as Mentor and Start-up Coach: Stanford/UC Berkeley/London Business School (EIR) and CU Boulder
- Professor of Entrepreneurship at CU Boulder Leeds School of Business